20050116

J.R.R.Tolkien

終於買了魔戒DVD boxset。電影製作認真,boxset內的making-of也很齊全,如果以十多年前的技術,很難拍出原著的神髓。

作者J.R.R.Tolkien生於1892年,畢業於牛津大學,專研Anglo-Saxon歷史和語言,是牛津有史以來最年輕的教授。令我佩服的是作者創造的架空世界(secondary world)結構嚴謹,有宏大的歷史背景支撐整個故事。是heroic romance的鼻祖。

那天到圖書館翻看他的其他著作,發現一本兒童書Letters from Father Christmas,是作者當年寫給子女的信,還附作者的畫作。作者以Father Christmas為名,描述他在North Pole的生活瑣事(如北極熊壓碎FC家的屋頂而要搬家),信中還有北極熊親筆註腳,還有FC獨有的shaky handwriting。拿上手便立刻借了。


延 伸 閱 讀
Talking About Tolkien
Tolkien.co.uk
路西法地獄

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog mazeblogger. I was searching for information on Christmas games and came across your post this post - not quite what I was looking for related to Christmas games but very nice all the same!

We're all getting ready for Christmas and I've just put the finishing touches to my new site specially for kids, or rather their parents and relatives. You can go there and get Santa to send a really nice personalized letter to a youngster. It's great fun! If you have a moment, perhaps you'd enjoy taking a look: Letter from Santa .

Well, a merry Christmas to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog mazeblogger. I was searching for information on Father Christmas letters and came across your post this post - not quite what I was looking for related to Father Christmas letters but very nice all the same!

We're all getting ready for Christmas and I've just put the finishing touches to my new site specially for kids, or rather their parents and relatives. You can go there and get Santa to send a really nice personalized letter to a youngster. It's great fun! If you have a moment, perhaps you'd enjoy taking a look: Letter from Santa .

Well, a merry Christmas to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog mazeblogger. I was searching for information on Father Christmas letters and came across your post this post - not quite what I was looking for related to Father Christmas letters but very nice all the same!

We're all getting ready for Christmas and I've just put the finishing touches to my new site specially for kids, or rather their parents and relatives. You can go there and get Santa to send a really nice personalized letter to a youngster. It's great fun! If you have a moment, perhaps you'd enjoy taking a look: Letter from Santa .

Well, a merry Christmas to you and yours!